Water is an often overlooked but vital reagent in the laboratory. In the detection process of the automatic biochemical analyzer, pure water is used as the carrier or medium of the biochemical reaction, the diluent and solvent of the sample or reagent, the cleaning liquid of the instrument and even the participants of the reaction throughout the whole process of the detection, and its purity is directly related It is related to the reliability of the test results.
The influence of pure water quality on the biochemical analyzer and test results
The pollutants in the tap water and the water channel of the pure water machine. The main ones are:
- Electrolyte, the common ones are H+, Na+, K+, NH4+, Mg2+, Ca2+, Fe3+, Cu2+, Mn2+, Zn2+, Al3+ and other cations and F-, CI-, N03-, HC03-, S042-, P043-, H2P04- ,HSi03- and other anions;
- Organic substances, such as organic acids, pesticides, hydrocarbons, alcohols and esters, etc.;
- Dissolved gas (Nz, 02, C1z, HzS, CO, COz, CH4, etc.);
The impact of high electrolyte content:
- The most direct impact is the increase in the measurement results of the same ions in the serum (plasma), such as the measurement of Mg2+, Ca2+, Fe3+, Cu2+, Zn2+, etc., and it also has an impact on the calibration of these items.
- Because many metal ions are cofactors of enzymes, the detection of enzyme activity is often affected when the content of metal ions is high (for example, Mg2+ is the activator of a variety of phosphorylated kinases. The excessive water content will cause the measured values of these enzyme activities Increase; and many heavy metal ions have inhibitory effects on enzymes, resulting in decreased enzyme activity).
- Many anions also exist as cofactors of enzymes, which affect the determination of enzyme activity (such as CI-activating a-amylase).
- Water with high electrolyte content is more likely to form crystals and cause protein and other organic substances to denature and adhere to the pipeline system, which makes the pipeline system of the biochemical analyzer more likely to block, and ultimately cause measurement distortion or failure; at the same time, it is also very difficult to use to clean the reaction cup. Difficult to clean, will accelerate the ageing and damage of the reaction cup and increase the blank of the cup.
The influence of organic substances:
The influence of organic substances is mainly caused by the increase in the results of similar substances when measuring similar substances. At the same time, the increase in organic content will also accelerate the cleaning difficulty and ageing of the piping system and reaction cup.
The impact of particulate matter:
Particulate matter is generally difficult to enter the biochemical analyzer pipeline and reaction system through the pure water system. In addition to increasing the absorbance, it is easy to block the pipe and damage the reaction cup.
The effects of increased dissolved gas include:
- The influence on the measurement of the same gas;
- It also affects the pH value of the water, such as the increase of CO2, Cl2, H2S, etc., which will cause the decrease of the water pH value, and also affect the measurement of biochemical items with strong pH dependence;
- Some gases such as C12 increase, because of their strong oxidizing properties, they will affect the biochemical measurement items related to the redox reaction, such as ALT, AST, BUN established based on the absorption peaks of NADH and NADPH at 340 nm Such measurement methods will cause the measurement value to rise.
The influence of other impurities:
some pure water systems also store the final ultra-pure water or first-grade pure water in the water tank. When the water tank is rusted, the iron measurement is abnormal; and when the mechanical device is not sealed. The oil leakage caused by severe causes the TG measurement result to increase. Although these situations are rare, they are also most easily overlooked.
There are two types of automated water purification systems commonly used in laboratories:
- Large distiller system, the water output is about 100 L, the raw water utilization rate is 10%-15%, the energy consumption is large, the degree of automation is low, the purity of the prepared distilled water is generally low, the scope of application is narrow, and it has been basically eliminated now;
- The central pure water system of reverse osmosis is composed of mechanical filtration, activated carbon adsorption, reverse osmosis membrane and ion exchange resin. The daily water output is about 900 L, the raw water utilization rate is 30%-40%, the automation is high, and the energy consumption is low. The parts can be used repeatedly, the effluent purity is high, and it is widely used at present. In addition, some laboratories directly purchase commercial purified water for use due to limited conditions, but most of the commercially purified water is drinking water, and its standard is different from the laboratory water standard. Therefore, you must know the various products of the product before buying. Indicators to avoid affecting the detection.
Smart ROB/ Smart ROB-R (15,30L/h)
- Smart ROB water purification systems can be applied to prepare pure water solution for a series of biochemical analyzers, including TOSHIBA, OLYMPUS, HITACHI, ROCHE, MINDRAY and so on.
- Our technical and application specialists are always available to answer any questions, as well as providing friendly, expert advice on choosing the most suitable water purification systems
High volume solution
Optional tank with 25L purification resin can meet heavier water usage, devreasing change frequency of consuambles.
Special emphasis on bacteria containment
On the basis of Smart ROB, the model Smart ROB-R further upgrades the system. It possesses a re-circulation function to always ensure a desirable pure water quality. UV, micro-filtration technologies and easy sanitization ensures optimal bacteria purity of less than 1 CFU/ml.
Bypass function to save your worry
- An emergency bypass prevents downtime by providing an uninterrupted supply of pure water to the analyzer at all time.
- We understand that downtime can not be allowed in the clinical laboratory.