Electrocardiogram is mandatory in physical examination, but many people can appear after examination arrhythmia this one conclusion.
There are many types of arrhythmias, and the common ones in the physical examination are as follows:
1. Sinus arrhythmia this situation is more common in healthy children, mostly due to sinus node dysplasia, often asymptomatic, do not worry too much. The ECG was still sinus rhythm, but with an irregular rhythm, and the difference between the two P waves in the same lead was >0.12s.
2. Sinus bradycardia this situation is more common in the elderly because the sinus node will also get old, can not command the heart more than 60 beats per minute, this is bradycardia. Of course, there are a variety of heart diseases, such as coronary heart disease, myocarditis will be involved in the sinus node, cause bradycardia, dizziness, syncope and other conditions. The heart beats too slowly, and the blood supply to all parts of the body is inadequate, a problem that needs to be addressed in time.
3. Premature beat is a common arrhythmia, which may occur occasionally or frequently, ranging from several times a day to 10,000 to 20,000 times; May be asymptomatic, may have palpitations or intermittent heartbeat; It can occur in normal people, but it’s more common in people with heart disease. From the electrocardiogram, premature beats can be divided into atrial premature beats and ventricular premature beats. Doctors sometimes recommend tests such as echocardiography to get a more complete picture of the heart. Most patients usually do not need treatment, have obvious symptoms or frequent premature beats, or have tachycardia, the doctor may recommend drug therapy or radiofrequency ablation treatment.
4. Atrial Fibrillation Some patients with atrial fibrillation do not feel themselves and are only discovered during physical examination and electrocardiogram. There are many reasons for atrial fibrillation, the vast majority of which occur in patients with organic heart disease, including hypertension, coronary heart disease, valvular heart disease and so on. Electrocardiogram inspection, the P wave disappeared, replaced by continuous af, irregular wave, in Ⅱ, Ⅲ, aVF, or relatively clear lead V1, V2. In recent years, there have been great changes in the understanding of the harmfulness of atrial fibrillation in the academic circle. Once atrial fibrillation is diagnosed, whether it is paroxysmal or persistent, it is recommended to be systematically evaluated by cardiology specialists.
These points should be noted before doing electrocardiogram examination
1. Don’t be afraid
When doing electrocardiogram, the doctor should be in the chest of the patient, on the neck, on the wrist connected with colorful wire, some people are very afraid, for fear of electric shock, electrocardiogram machine has not yet turned on, the heart on “plop”, “plop” jump. In fact, these wires only “tap out” the bioelectricity of the heart and do not put anything into the human body, just as the picture is only the image of the human body faithfully recorded, so there is no fear.
2. The examination should be conducted in a quiet environment
Because muscle activity can produce bioelectricity, when nervous excitement, deep breathing, limbs, noisy environment, will affect the result of electrocardiogram. Therefore, the examiner should be in a stable state of mind, the surrounding environment is quiet, to avoid a large error in the diagnosis results.
3. Avoid the effects of drugs
Some drugs directly or indirectly affect ecg results, such as digitalis, quinicine, etc. Because drugs affect the metabolism of the heart muscle, they affect the pattern of the electrocardiogram. So, the examiner had better not take other drugs before doing electrocardiogram, lest misdiagnosis.
4. It is better not to have an empty stomach before the examination
In order to ensure the accuracy of ecg examination, it is better not to have an empty stomach before examination, because this may cause hypoglycemia, causing heart rate to accelerate, thus affecting the accuracy of ECG examination results
5. Do not smoke, drink alcohol or drink strong coffee
Do not go down in a hurry to do electrocardiogram, had better rest for a while before examination, wait for calm down to do examination again. Take a 10-minute break. Don’t smoke, drink alcohol, or drink strong tea or coffee, which can cause tachycardia or arrhythmias
- This Easy ECG Monitor is intended for measuring and recording the ECG waveform and average heart rate of the adult patient.
- It is applicable for use in clinics and homes, and convenient to operate by the patients themselves.