The nCoV-2019 is now a global concern. Monitoring blood oxygen saturation in real-time can prevent and control new coronavirus pneumonia.
New Pneumonia & nCoV-2019
The “New Pneumonia” caused by the nCoV-2019 is acute infectious pneumonia. Based on current epidemiological investigations, the incubation period of the disease is generally 3 to 14 days, and some can reach 24 days. There is no effective treatment for new coronavirus pneumonia, so prevention and isolation can only be achieved at this stage. In order to minimize the chance of contact with infected or potentially infected patients, and to take responsibility for not adding cases to the country, it is recommended that everyone who has no obvious symptoms should give priority to self-monitoring at home.
Qiu Haibo, an expert from the National Health Commission, said that in order to detect patients who become heavier early, the National Health Commission is currently organizing experts to revise the “Pneumonitis Diagnosis and Treatment Program for New Coronavirus Infection (Trial Version 4)“ which will particularly emphasize how to detect severe diseases early —— the monitoring of blood oxygen saturation is emphasized because this monitoring is helpful for detecting patients who become heavier in the early stage and giving him early intervention in time.
For early intervention, it is necessary to pay attention to blood oxygen changes. According to the “Pneumonitis Diagnosis and Treatment Program for New Coronavirus Infection (Trial Version 4)“, the blood oxygen level is less than 93% (no home recommendation is less than 95%) at rest (without exercise and emotional agitation) If there is a lung infection, it is recommended to seek medical treatment immediately.
According to Qiu, there are two main types of pneumonia deaths caused by the new crown virus:
1) Relatively young patient. Due to respiratory failure and severe hypoxemia in these patients, the respiratory function eventually failed to work;
2) The elderly patient. Hypoxemia in the elderly is not so serious, but pneumonia causes complications, such as coronary heart disease, and most of the elderly die from these complications.
Older deaths far outnumber those younger.
After infection with the new coronavirus, the human body will cause severe acute respiratory infections, which will cause patients to experience a series of clinical discomforts such as dyspnea, shortness of breath, or hypoxemia.
Therefore, it is necessary to monitor blood oxygen in the fight against new coronavirus infection. Using the pulse oximeter, the blood oxygen index can be effectively monitored anytime, anywhere, and in real-time. Under these conditions, abnormal indicators can be found and the treatment opportunity can be grasped in time.
Blood oxygen status can be grasped at any time by just moving your fingers.
· Lightweight design and easy to carry
· Display histogram of blood oxygen saturation, pulse rate, and pulse intensity
· Strong anti-weak perfusion and anti-interference ability
· Suitable for non-invasive monitoring of blood oxygen saturation and pulse rate in hospitals and families
The “Pneumonitis Diagnosis and Treatment Program for New Coronavirus Infection (Trial Version 4)“ also mentioned that clinical typing will be increased, according to whether the suspected patients have clinical symptoms, whether they have pneumonia, the severity of pneumonia, whether they have respiratory failure, shock, whether they have other organ failures, etc., It divides into:
1) Ordinary type (fever, respiratory tract symptoms, etc., imaging manifestations of pneumonia);
2) Severe (respiratory distress, RR≥30 beats/min; in resting state, means oxygen saturation ≤93%; arterial blood oxygen partial pressure (PaO2) / oxygen concentration (FiO2) ≤300mmHg)
3) Critical (respiratory failure occurs and requires mechanical ventilation; shock occurs; combined with other organ failure requires ICU monitoring and treatment).
It can be seen that the monitoring of blood oxygen saturation is very important for the prevention and control of new coronavirus pneumonia, and it is a good helper for home monitoring and clinical treatment. It is recommended to keep a blood oxygen saturation meter for real-time monitoring and pay attention to lung health!
Contact our team for more information about Pulse Oximeter.