Ceiling Pendants are essential medical equipment in modern hospital operating rooms and wards. Commonly installed on the ceiling, it is used to provide medical gas, power supply, communication call and network terminal combination services. It can also carry other related medical equipment required for clinical use, and provide good operation convenience and space management for medical staff.
Because of the different departments and usage scenarios, the configuration requirements for the medical ceiling pendant will also be different. Here are some tips on the configuration of the medical ceiling pendant for your reference.
Configuration Suggestions for Ceiling Pendant in different application areas
Surgical pendant configuration recommendations
- Surgical pendants should be equipped with reasonable types and quantities of medical gas and power output terminals to meet the requirements of surgical equipment; for specific common medical gas uses and applicable instructions, please refer to GB50751-2012 “Technical Specifications for Medical Gas Engineering”;
- In the operating room, in order to ensure that the medical staff have enough working space and can use the treatment equipment quickly, the pendant design should be equipped with a working platform for electrosurgical generators and monitors to provide reasonable space management in the operating room;
- Considering the large area of the air supply ceiling in the operating room and the space lighting, the installation location of the surgical ceiling pendant is often far from the operating table. In order to ensure that medical staff can use tower equipment easily after adjusting their positions, it is recommended to equip single and double-joint rotating arms with sufficient radius of motion;
- Because the common distance between the ceiling of the operating room and the ground is 2800～3000mm, it can be combined with the type of operation and the height of the medical staff. Consider choosing an electric surgical pendant that supports lifting to reserve a certain head space for medical staff and provide reasonable observation and operating height adjustment.
Anesthesia pendant configuration recommendations
- The configuration of anesthesia pendant should first consider reasonable types and quantities of medical gas and power output terminals to meet the needs of clinical anesthesia and ensure the safety of doctors and patients;
- If it is necessary to suspend the anesthesia machine equipment (without moving base), the cantilever should have a load capacity of at least 100 kg, and an optional, built-in electric vertical lifting system to ensure stability. At the same time, in order to prevent the suspension system from drifting when the anesthesia machine is working, each arm joint can be further equipped with a pneumatic brake system;
- For the one-hundred-level operating room with particularly high requirements for cleanliness (such as valve replacement, heart surgery, organ transplantation, artificial joint replacement, neurosurgery, etc.), there are more auxiliary equipment and medical staff in the venue, anesthesia pendant box, cantilever and scalability should have sufficient flexibility to ensure that medical staff can still use ceiling-mounted equipment easily after adjusting their positions, and also provide reasonable site space management;
- For operating rooms with small operating room area (<35㎡) and relatively fixed position of anesthesia machine, a hanging column or swing arm type anesthesia special ceiling pendant can be selectively configured according to the site conditions, and an active anesthesia exhaust gas emission system can be configured, which takes into account the convenience and safety of operation.
Endoscope pendant configuration recommendations
- For general inspection or surgical applications of the endoscopy pendant, in addition to the configuration of conventional types and quantities of medical gas and power output terminals according to specific requirements, it must also meet the requirements of the use of endoscopy supporting equipment (such as insufflators);
- Consider that most operating rooms have more equipment and staff, limited space, and endoscopic equipment will interfere with the return air of purified air to a certain extent. It is advisable to consider the use of large-size equipment brackets and place the endoscopic equipment directly on the ceiling pendant to ensure the cleanliness of the operating room under the premise of optimizing the use of space;
- Endoscope products often contain many equipment combinations (including energy platforms, pneumoperitoneum equipment, optics and lighting systems, etc.). According to specific operating habits and human factors, multiple equipment brackets should be stacked or placed separately, and used at the same time the heavy-duty cantilever to guarantee sufficient overall carrying capacity;
- The cantilever is equipped according to the size of the room and the type of surgery. If the moving range needs to cover a larger area, you can choose different sizes of single-arm or more flexible double-arm combined suspension system;
- In terms of scalability, considering that endoscopy equipment is often equipped with medical displays, you can choose to equip with a cabinet-based arm or an integrated ceiling pendant TFT suspension arm installation based on the ceiling.
The selection and positioning of the medical ceiling pendant also need to consider the following factors:
- According to the laminar flow purification level, determine the arm configuration and installation position of the ceiling pendant
- Whether it can reach the required use position
- Whether it can meet the gas and electricity demand of the corresponding equipment
- Whether it is convenient to move, does not affect other work processes, and reduces preparation time
- Whether the moving process is safe and does not touch walls, equipment, etc.
- Optimize the ground space as much as possible, fix the equipment on the ceiling pendant, which is convenient to move and save space
- Is it convenient to clean and disinfect?
As an indispensable equipment in modern operating rooms, the importance of medical ceiling pendants is self-evident. In order to ensure the use effect and the quality of medical treatment, in addition to the configuration aspects, the selection of medical ceiling pendants should also focus on functional design, qualification certification, operating experience, maintenance costs and other aspects. Heal Force can customize the medical ceiling pendant bridge for different departments according to the functional requirements and purification level.
Heal Force Modular Multifunctional Medical Pendant with four innovative designs
01) Innovative terminal design
Realize the terminal modular installation, instead of the traditional terminal installation method, so that the temporary replacement between different terminals is more convenient.
02) Unique structure design
Six built-in guide rails, various accessories can be added as needed without breaking the structure, and four working areas make management more professional.
03) Smart kernel design
The box can be upgraded with embedded industrial-grade computer to provide a platform for various clinical information management software, allowing more complete information and data recording.
04) Tailor-made design
Four boxes and seven suspensions provide customized services for your different needs, making the operation more convenient.
Heal Force Medical Ceiling Pendant Series continues to innovate. It has the advantages of excellent design, precision manufacturing, safety and reliability, and high standardization. It has been certified by CE, ISO9001, ISO13485, gas-electric separation certification, IP6X protection level, and quadruple load-bearing certification. Heal Force has been focusing on the medical health field for more than 30 years. It can provide reasonable equipments combination solutions according to different operating rooms and ward usage environment, saving use space for customers scientifically, and effectively improving the efficiency and safety of operating rooms and daily ward nursing work.