Centrifuge is an indispensable important equipment for life science research centers. In the past ten years, life science research has made great progress in China. We have produced many types of centrifuges, and also imported many high-speed and ultra-speed centrifuges from abroad.
However, due to improper use of the equipment, failure to maintain the equipment regularly and inadequate technical training, etc., operation failures and even accidents occur from time to time.
How to ensure the safe operation of the centrifuge and give full play to its performance is a major concern of technical and experimental personnel.
In order to improve the utilization rate and extend the service life of the instrument, ensure the safe operation of the instrument, and avoid failures, we have compiled the following guidelines for operating Heal Force centrifuge safely and related precautions.
Installation Steps of a Centrifuge
- Turn on the machine and press the door key to open the centrifuge door.
- Select the appropriate rotor and adapter.
- Clean the rotor, centrifugal cavity, and adapter.
- Install the rotor and adapter.
- Hold the rotor with both hands and align the center hole of the rotor with the locking sleeve.
- Put it down vertically and put it on the bottom of the cone.
- Let go of your hands, and then lightly press the rotor with your hands to confirm that the bottom of the rotor has been placed at the designated position.
- Using the included Allen key, tighten the lock screw in a clockwise direction.
Instructions for Use
- Load the centrifugal sample in the correct position.
- Tighten the rotor cover, and slowly close the centrifuge door cover with both hands.
- Set the parameters and start the centrifugal experiment.
- After centrifugation, press the door button, open the door cover gently with your hand, and take out the sample.
①Before the rotor is running, the samples and test tubes should be loaded accurately and symmetrically (need to be balanced).
The centrifuge tube can be loaded with samples at different times, but the samples must be loaded symmetrically. The asymmetric loading sample chamber must never be turned on.
②When the separation sample you are using is contaminated or to prevent the separation sample from being contaminated, remove the sample and rotor from the shaft together and put it in the biological safety cabinet before performing other operations.
③When closing or opening the door of the centrifuge, hold the door with your hand and operate it slowly and gently.
Clean in Time after Use
- At the end of the centrifugal experiment every day, take out the rotor and wipe the centrifuge chamber with a clean cloth.
- Steps to take out the rotor:
①Using a special wrench to remove the rotor, loosen the locking screw in a counterclockwise direction (no need to take it out).
②Grasp the rotor with both hands, lift it up vertically, and don’t shake it from side to side.
③If you are using a horizontal rotor, first take out the centrifuge container (such as the centrifuge hanging cup).
Wiping is mainly to remove dust, condensed water, debris and leftovers of previously separated samples in the centrifuge chamber, and confirm that the chamber is clean and tidy.
Improper operation of the centrifuge will often cause more serious consequences. During the experiment, we must pay special attention to the operating specifications to ensure the correct use of the centrifuge. First-time users should consult personnel with operating experience or refer to the manual. The equipment should be used with care, not blindly.